What makes for good test preparation? Individualization. Our program is based around you, the student. We never use cookie cutter plans to instruct our students, and treat everyone like family.
Our program was developed by our owner, Nicholas LaPoma, who has spent over a decade fine tuning his test preparation strategies and program and has guided numerous students to vast scoring improvements, 99th percentile scores, and admission to dream colleges and Ivy League schools. This is the process:
- Diagnostic testing to analyze your strengths and areas for improvement. We first use diagnostic exams to establish your skillset. We have students take a diagnostic exam (or two) to establish scores and skills. Our reports are industry leading and the most detailed you can find.
- Then, Nick will sit down with the family and explain the diagnostic exam results and how to proceed, free of charge. We also advise students on the differences between the test and help the family make a study plan, not only for tutoring, but also for when to take practice tests, when to take the real exam, and what to do in the future. This level of advice can only come from a true expert in test prep and the college admissions process. You will not find this level of individualization elsewhere.
- Students then start tutoring learning our exciting test prep strategies. Our tutors go through a rigorous vetting and training process, and each one is privately instructed by Nick himself.
- Students will also learn content (grammar rules, math formulas, etc.) and practice and develop time management skills. Homework will be assigned appropriately based on the student schedule and program intensity.
- Students will have the availability of practice testing every few weeks during their study program, so they can establish new scores and get updated diagnostic reports. The tutoring will then be adjusted to fill whatever gaps are still present. We will repeat this process until the student achieves the score they are looking for.
Subject Matter Tutoring
We work with students from 3rd to 12th grade. Our tutors have helped numerous students improve their grades, increase their test scores, lower their stress and achieve better understanding of subject material. We strive to maintain our individualized approach in not only test prep but subject matter tutoring as well. Our tutors are Subject Matter masters who have vast knowledge in the subjects that they teach. Experience has shown that the one size fits all method does not work for all students. Every student is different and an effective educational approach must be tailored to each student’s needs and learning style.
We work with students on:
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, History, general reading skill, essay writing, AP subjects, SAT II exams, and more.
We have certified SAT and ACT proctors for the practice exams at our facility or at any library. We grade the exams and return a full diagnostic report to you within 3 days.The importance of an in person exam is to allow students to be in a real-life exam setting with other students and a timer. This helps our students get used to the restrictions during an exam and get more comfortable with the section timing. The detailed report will help us analyze our student’s strengths and weaknesses and help formulate a more pinpointed study program.
We offer a practice exam every weekend at our office. See our schedule here
If you want to speak to a professional before you make a decision, feel free to come in for a free consultation or give us a call!