In order to establish transparency with our customers, our policies are outlined below. Please let us know if you have any questions about how these apply to you.
I. Payment Policy
- a) Package must be paid in full before the first scheduled session.
- b) Packages with available installment payment options require the first installment payment before the first session and all subsequent installments before the next scheduled block of hours.
- c) Two sessions in arrears, will automatically suspends tutoring. The student will be removed from the tutors calendar until the account is satisfied. The student will be rescheduled based on tutor available hours and is not guaranteed the spot prior to the delinquency.
II. Cancellation Policy
- a) Any cancellations or rescheduling must be done at least 24 hours before the start of the session. If a cancellation or rescheduling request is done within 24 hours of the tutoring session, a cancellation fee will be assessed. The cancellation fee will be equal to the cost of one hour of tutoring.
- b) All “no-shows” will be charged a fee equal to the cost of one hour of tutoring.
- c) Any cancellations in excess of 2 in a 5 session span are subject to a fee and loss of the student’s designated time slot.
- d) All cancellation fees are assessed at Curvebreakers’ discretion.
III. Refund Policy
- a) Before tutoring begins, all packages are fully refundable within 48 hours of purchase, no questions asked.
- b) After the first session is completed, if you are dissatisfied with our services for any reason, you will be issued a refund of the remaining balance, no questions asked.
- c) Beginning with the second session, all tutoring packages are non-refundable for any reason.
- d) Remaining balances may be transferred to a sibling or used for another subject (separate pricing may apply).
- e) All remaining balances are considered void 1 year after purchase if they have not been used within that time.
IV. Other Service Requests
- a) Tutoring hours are scheduled based on the service contracted. Inform your tutor 24 hours in advance of your session that you require a different service during your regularly scheduled tutoring session (separate pricing & billing may apply). If notice is not received, the higher session rate will be applied to the remaining package balance.
- b) If you require another service in addition to the package already purchased, contact our office and we will be happy to help you set up other tutoring sessions.
V. Tutor Satisfaction
- a) If you are dissatisfied with your tutor, contact us and we will gladly provide you with a new tutor who will better suit your needs.
- b) If a tutor cancels within 24 hours (barring an emergency), cancels frequently, or cannot accommodate your schedule, please let us know immediately so that we can rectify the situation.
I. Refund Policy
- a) More than 2 weeks before course begins: All courses are refundable within 48 hours of payment. After 48 hours, courses are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- b) Less than 2 weeks before course begins: All courses are non-refundable within 2 weeks of the course start date (the date of the first practice test or session, whichever comes first), and are non-refundable thereafter. Course value is non-transferable to other services we provide.
II. Class Cancellation
- a) We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel any class. If a class is cancelled or rescheduled by Curvebreakers due to low enrollment or any other reason, all customers who paid for that class will receive a full refund.
- Curvebreakers Club Membership is a monthly subscription service that affords students a recurring set number of hours each month. Club hours cannot be rolled over to the next month or saved, and therefore club hours not used by the end of the month will be forfeited. By agreeing to participate in the Club, members’ credit cards on file are automatically charged at the beginning of the month, replenishing tutor hours available. Club members can signup for additional tutoring hours at the end of the month $80/hr. Additional tutoring hours completed will be automatically charged to the credit card on file at the end of the month. Club members receive two (2) free practice exams with their Club membership. The fee for all additional exams with diagnostic report is $65/exam.
- Additional rules and restrictions may apply. Additional course material fees may apply. Club Membership may be canceled five (5) business days before the next billing cycle.
- A learning team is formed and organized by the customer. A group of four (4) students is required to form a team. The maximum size of a team that can meet in person in the Garden City office is eight (8) students to remain within the current NYS social distance requirements. Virtual-only teams may include up to 15 students. Curvebreakers reserves the right to move any in-office team sessions online at any time. Students attending in person will be asked a series of questions and will be subjected to a scanned temperature check before entering the classroom. A team’s term runs concurrent with the school semester: not a full school year and not a set number of hours. There is no refund or pro-rating for missed sessions. Any sessions missed by one or several students can not be rescheduled.
- The enrollment period for each team is one (1) week. Team members have until the end of the enrollment period to complete their enrollment forms and make payment in full. If any team member does not pay in full by the end of the enrollment period, the price per person may increase to reflect the number of paid participants. Teams will not begin sessions until enrollments and payments by all team members is completed.
- Additional rules and restrictions may apply.
- As a Curvebreakers Test Prep customer, you agree not to solicit any of our independent contractors or employees for further tutoring services during the time you are engaged in services with Curvebreakers Test Prep. Please contact us directly if you desire additional tutoring services.
- Curvebreakers Test Prep takes student privacy very seriously. We are compliant with all laws pertaining to student privacy and will never sell your information such as name, address, phone number, email address, or anything else to a third party.
- Finally, if you’re happy with your experience, share it on social media and tell a friend. If your friend mentions your name when they sign-up for a tutoring package, you will receive a small token of our appreciation.
- From time to time, we will want to share our story with others to our website, social media accounts, promotional materials, and e-communications. Content may include photos and videos of our clients and tutors having fun learning. We will never disclose a student’s name or other identifying characteristics. If you do not want your child photographed, contact us.