Curvebreakers is a Long Island educational consultancy specializing in standardized test prep. Curvebreakers provides a unique and individualized approach to test taking in that we teach the students not only how to take the standardized test, but also how to understand the tests down to the finest of details. Students learn how to break down questions from front to back and back to front, resulting in mastery level understanding. We engage students’ minds with our passion and excitement for improvement, and enable students to understand questions on their own – the key to success on standardized tests.
What You Get From Partnering With Curvebreakers Test Prep
- A customized and affordable program to fit your school’s needs. We can build out a program of SAT, ACT, and SHSAT classes and test prep related events that is specific to your school and your individual needs as an institution.
- We provide the highest quality tutors/instructors that have all scored in the 99th percentile. Each instructor is trained by our owner and staff in our methodologies, and is background checked to ensure the safety of your students.
- A true partner. We are a partner in every sense of the word. From advising parents on how to best prepare for standardized test and explaining the differences between the SAT & ACT to making sure each program is a success, we will be there every step of the way.
- Diagnostic Reports. Every student who takes a practice exam will receive their own, personalized analysis of how they performed on the test. The diagnostic analysis breaks down test performance by section and also examines how the student did for each question type, offering specific insight into what content areas & test-taking strategies are important for each student.
- We can also take the data from all students and present it on an aggregate level to reveal general patterns and narrow in on strengths and weaknesses of the group as a whole. This leads to a better course curriculum designed for each specific class of students. Want to see more? Download a PDF that explains the Group Diagnostic Report.
Added Benefits Include:
- Local company with local ownership – we understand your community.
- Free SAT, ACT, and SHSAT practice exams with diagnostic reports provided to each student.
- Support and participation at school events on topics such as the SAT vs. ACT.
- Information sessions and training of teachers and counselors.
- Personal assistance with marketing – our marketing team will promote the courses, saving you time so you can focus on more important endeavors.
- We give back – a scholarship for a deserving student of your choice.
Why Partner with Curvebreakers?
When you choose Curvebreakers, you are truly getting a partnership. We provide all of the tools and work with you every step of the way. We will assist your organization in the marketing of the courses and in educating the parents. The results of this partnership will be more educated parents and students, and overall better SAT/ACT scores for your students.
From public schools to private Catholic schools, our existing partners across Long Island and New York City include Hewlett High School, Friends Academy, Student Sponsor Partners (SSP), and Bishop Kearney High School in Brooklyn.
Our Approach: Diagnostics & Courses That Focus on Results
The key with any SAT or ACT test prep is focus; students and parents want a program that will provide the right level of value for the time invested. Curvebreakers is always up to date on the newest changes to the test, skills required to do well, and teaching methodologies that simply work – without a long term commitment cycle. Our courses can be conducted in less than 2 months and can even fit in one week (Monday-Thursday).
Have a question about partnering with Curvebreakers? Let us know and we’ll get in touch ASAP.